DIY Rustic Wedding Invitation - Sugar Studios Design

DIY Rustic Wedding Invitation

June 7, 2013

True story: In 2016 I closed my business for 1 year after having our son and it was the BIGGEST mistake I've ever made. I totally get how overwhelming it can be to build an online business while raising a family... um, 3am work nights fueled by a pot of coffee - been there!

Which is why I've dedicated Sugar Studios + this blog to helping entrepreneurs like YOU build the business you've been dreaming of.

Hey! Come Sit With Me

about the author

business templates

logos

social media templates

Visit the Shop

Attract the right customers to your business with our high-quality template designs.

THE SHOP

1. Casey says:

I should mention that I used an HP Wireless Officejet 6500A printer – it was the BEST printer since it handled cardstock well, never jammed, and printed over 30 invites without ever having to change an ink cartridge!

• Jennifer says:

Hi Casey:) I love your invitations!! I am having a rustic wedding with a little bit of Polynesian flavor mixed into it:) my wedding is next year July 3—–how do I print onto cards? I am so stuck and have no idea where to start??? Please help:)

• Casey says:

Hi Jennifer! I started first by designing the layout myself. Print it out on regular printer paper before you waste printing on good paper. Your wedding theme sounds wonderful – good luck!

2. Mollie F. says:

I’m wondering where I can find the font but cheaper. It seems $89 is a lot for a font. Also, i’m wondering how long is the shipping time from paper source?

• Casey says:

Hi Mollie! I don’t think you will be able to find the font online any cheaper- sometimes MyFonts runs a sale. It’s a premium font so that’s why it’s that price – it was worth it for me because I could use it in my designs. You can check DaFonts.com they have a lot of nice free fonts! My Papaer Source order I think took less than a week to arrive!

3. barb says:

I love your invites, you did a great job! Do you mind sharing what PMS color you used for your text? I am using the same paper for my invites, and wasn’t sure color font to use. Thank you!

• Casey says:

Thank you! I printed these at home so I didn’t use a PMS. The HEX for the brown text is #543B32 and for the pink text it’s #F2A391. Hope this helps!

4. barb says:

One more question, how did you get the extra script on the “g” in Doug and the “a” in and? I have the font and its not coming out the same way.

5. Misty says:

Hi! I am using the same cursive font on my wedding invitations. I am stuck on finding a nice block font for all the other text. Which font did you pair with Carolyna Pro Black?

Thanks!

6. Stephanie says:

Hi,
    Love your invitations!

Did you use a template? How did you know where to line up the font on your computer?

• Casey says:

Thanks Stephanie!

I made the design in Adobe Illustrator. I’m a professional graphic designer so I am able to create the layout using Illustrator.

7. Haven says:

Love the invitations! Is there a certain website you print the map from?