We're delightfully accepting new branding & website projects

DIY Rustic Wedding Invitation

June 7, 2013

True story: In 2016 I closed my business for 1 year after having our son and it was the BIGGEST mistake I've ever made. I totally get how overwhelming it can be to build an online business while raising a family... um, 3am work nights fueled by a pot of coffee - been there!

Which is why I've dedicated Sugar Studios + this blog to helping entrepreneurs like YOU build the business you've been dreaming of.

Hey! Come Sit With Me

about the author

1. Casey says:

I should mention that I used an HP Wireless Officejet 6500A printer – it was the BEST printer since it handled cardstock well, never jammed, and printed over 30 invites without ever having to change an ink cartridge!

• Jennifer says:

Hi Casey:) I love your invitations!! I am having a rustic wedding with a little bit of Polynesian flavor mixed into it:) my wedding is next year July 3—–how do I print onto cards? I am so stuck and have no idea where to start??? Please help:)

• Casey says:

Hi Jennifer! I started first by designing the layout myself. Print it out on regular printer paper before you waste printing on good paper. Your wedding theme sounds wonderful – good luck!

2. Mollie F. says:

I’m wondering where I can find the font but cheaper. It seems $89 is a lot for a font. Also, i’m wondering how long is the shipping time from paper source?

• Casey says:

Hi Mollie! I don’t think you will be able to find the font online any cheaper- sometimes MyFonts runs a sale. It’s a premium font so that’s why it’s that price – it was worth it for me because I could use it in my designs. You can check DaFonts.com they have a lot of nice free fonts! My Papaer Source order I think took less than a week to arrive!

3. barb says:

I love your invites, you did a great job! Do you mind sharing what PMS color you used for your text? I am using the same paper for my invites, and wasn’t sure color font to use. Thank you!

• Casey says:

Thank you! I printed these at home so I didn’t use a PMS. The HEX for the brown text is #543B32 and for the pink text it’s #F2A391. Hope this helps!

4. barb says:

One more question, how did you get the extra script on the “g” in Doug and the “a” in and? I have the font and its not coming out the same way.

5. Misty says:

Hi! I am using the same cursive font on my wedding invitations. I am stuck on finding a nice block font for all the other text. Which font did you pair with Carolyna Pro Black?

Thanks!

6. Stephanie says:

Hi,
    Love your invitations!

Did you use a template? How did you know where to line up the font on your computer?

• Casey says:

Thanks Stephanie!

I made the design in Adobe Illustrator. I’m a professional graphic designer so I am able to create the layout using Illustrator.

7. Haven says:

Love the invitations! Is there a certain website you print the map from?