You’ve heard all the buzz about Showit, but maybe you’re not sure what it is. I’m breaking it down for you right here.
What Exactly Is Showit?
Showit is a website building platform that utilizes WordPress. The beauty of Showit is that you can design almost anything, the possibilities are endless. The interface is visual, so you’re not looking at a confusing admin area or any code.
Showit is available in three different plans (hosting included): Showit Website only, Showit + Basic Blog, Showit + Advanced Blog.
If you’re curious if Showit is right for your business, grab my free flowchart to help you figure it all out!
What Kind of Business Should Use Showit?
While Showit is geared towards photographers, almost any business can benefit from it. Showit is great for bloggers, service-based businesses (designers, coaches, virtual assistants, copywriters, wedding planners) and even product-based businesses with just a small catalog of products (see more about that below!)
What You’ll Love About Showit
The design options are truly limitless. You can see exactly how your site looks while editing it. One of the features I love the most about Showit is designing the mobile and desktop site side-by-side. So easy!
- Showit gives you complete control of your site’s design
- Their support is amazing and super responsive
- If you already have a blog, they’ll help you migrate the posts seamlessly
- You can choose from premade themes available, work with a designer or DIY your own design
- It’s powered by WordPress, which is one of the best and well known website platforms in the world
- Showit offers a free trial so you can test it out
Must Read >> 10 Essential Plugins to Keep Your Readers Engaged
What You Might Not Love About Showit
There are so many amazing features with Showit, but there are a few downsides. Showit is not a great option if your business is primarily e-commerce. Online shopping is not built into Showit (yet) and the only way to add shopping to your site is to embed the Shopify buy now button, which requires a Shopify Lite plan.
- Not recommended for ecommerce sites with more than 20 products
- A little pricey compared to typical hosting plans
- Like any website platform, there’s a learning curve to understanding how Showit works
- The documentation is limited compared to other platforms. Showit is fairly new so this is most likely going to change.
Free Showit Flowchart
Are you curious if Showit is the right choice for your business? Download my free flowchart and follow the path to find your answer!
Summing It Up…
Showit is such a great option for so many different types of businesses. I honestly can’t think of many that wouldn’t benefit from having a site on Showit except businesses that are solely ecommerce. If you’ve been searching for a designer to help you with your Showit template or to create a custom design on Showit – I’m here to help!
Get in touch with me to discuss creating a stunning website on Showit
Custom Showit Design
One of my favorite custom Showit designs for a client was this gorgeous website for Nature by Brogan. I created the branding and a gorgeous custom Showit website.
Let's Get Your Branding Right
I’ve got you covered with branding tips and advice to help you create an unforgettable brand.